HomeWelcome to the Marque Sports Car Association of SA Inc website. On this site you'll find Supp regs, event results and links to other clubs.
Supp Regs for Round 2 are now available.
Results for the 6 Hour Regularity Relay are now available.
New website launched - let us know what you think!
Dorians are required by all drivers and can be purchased by ringing Sue on 0408 858 046 and paying the cost of $420.00 each. We will give you one sprint grace but a record is being kept.
MSCA Revised Formup Procedure
1. New entry form will have provision to nominate your fastest lap time 2011 remember to put your fastest lap time on the entry form before posting.
2. MSCA will then allocate a group number, Group 1 being the fastest cars.
3. Depending on entries, there could be 4 or 5 groups.
4. MSCA will allocate the entrant a Group Number and Grid number in form up.
5. The driver will, for the day, always be in his / her nominated Group and Grid number.
6. Double entered cars, previous lap times will be used with both drivers being allocated a Group and Grid number allowing time for car number and Dorian change over.
7. Double entered cars with one driver being a newcomer. Newcomer will be given a practice session to establish a time.
8. No practice for experienced drivers unless their car has had major engine upgrades from the previous year.
9. We will now have 4 runs of 5 laps with a lunch break.
10. Check the MSCA website approx 1 week prior to the event to to get your Group and Grid number, this will also give the entrant the opportunity to ensure the MSCA did receive their entry.
Our address is: P.O. Box 338, Daw Park 5041
Phone No: 0408 858 046
MARQUE SPORTS CAR ASSOCIATION
The M.S.C.A was formed in the early 70's to give the smaller Sports Car Clubs of South Australia the opportunity to compete at the Mallala Motorsport Racing Circuit and in Motorkhanas and Hillclimbs. With only a low number of members competing from each club, the individual members joined the M.S.C.A., allowing those drivers to compete in their cars. The Marque Sports Car Association is an association of 16 Clubs with the CAMS affiliation fee being paid by the association and the individual Clubs paying the M.S.C.A. an annual subscription fee.
Since its inception we have grown from 3 cars on the track with no passing to now up to 24 cars on the starting grid, starting in pairs flagged off 5 seconds apart, with 5 flying laps and passing on the straights only. We now run all super sprints using the Dorian Timer System which has taken over from the computerised timing system and hand held stopwatches which we used to use.
Full safety systems are in place for every Super Sprint with an Ambulance, Fire & Rescue, Course Car, Recovery Team and manned Flag Bunkers with trained Officials. A maximum of 120 entries for each Sprint with all cars being Scrutineered before entering the track.
Classes are from the standard road cars to full race cars. Grids are made up from your dominated fastest times on the entry form with these being available the Thursday prior to each sprint on our website. You get at least 3 runs of 5 laps to Sprint around the track. Sprints are an ideal way to learn car control for every day driving with the Super Sprint Series run over 12 months with 5 rounds and a 6 hour Modern Regularity Relay.
We also have a Driver Training Day run by our more experienced drivers showing you car control exercise such as braking into corner, driving to avoid obstacles on the road and cadence braking. A Club Display Day is held a the beginning of the year which incorporates the trophy presentation from the previous year.
Costs are kept to a minimum with the licence required is a CAMS Level 2S current cost of $100.00, plus membership with M.S.C.A. is currently $20.00 but you must join an affiliated Club listed below.
Alfa Romeo Owners Club of S.A
Austin Healey Owners Club of S.A.
BMW Club of Australia
Bolwell Car Club of Australia
Fiat Lancia Owner Club of S.A
Honda Car Club of S.A
Jaguar Driver Club
Mazda Mx-5 Club of S.A
Mercedes Club of S.A.
M.G Car Club of S.A
Mini Club of S.A
Modified Mini Car Club of S.A
Nissan Datsun Car Club
Sprite Car Club of S.A
Sunbeam Car Owners Club
Triumph Sports Owners Assoc.
16th June 2013 - Super Sprint Round 2